Your Donations Make all the Difference
Donating to the Medicine Hat Health Foundation is one of the best ways to see the direct impact of your generosity – and we are proud to say that 100% of the funds go back into local healthcare initiatives. From new lifesaving equipment, to cutting-edge training and research, to the simple comforts of quiet spaces where families can spend time together, all of the funds donated help improve the quality of healthcare at our hospital – and ultimately, in our community.
- Pharmacy Refrigerator (≈ $10,000) due to changing regulations and policies more refrigerator space is required for important and controlled medications
- Phlebotomy Chair (≈ $6,000) due to recent renovations we have created a safe space for IV insertion in the CT department. A phlebotomy chair would benefit patient comfort and care
- Journals and fidget toys for pediatric mental health (cost ongoing)
- Teddy Bears for all children in emerg and lab (cost ongoing)
- Fabian therapy ($29,000) This is a revolution in respiratory care equipment needed in the NICU – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The Fabian Evolution Therapy cares for infants with respiratory disease and is an essential item to give the best care to our patients, especially the young and fragile.
- Beds for 5N (≈$8,000 each) The current beds on our mental health unit are crank beds and not electric. We would like to upgrade the entire unit to more comfortable and safe electric mental health beds. This would benefit both the patients who are healing and the staff who provide care.
- Dedicated pediatric mental health room (≈$100,000). Renovations are occurring right now and a bed has already been purchased!
- notebooks, pens, crafts and supplies are an ongoing need for programs
- Wheelchair Bike (≈ $12,500). The rec therpaist would love to take the seniors out for bike rides around the neighborhood. The benefits of activity and sunshine are too numerous to mention!
Big Hearts for Tiny Heartbeats
During pregnancy, doctors check the baby’s health by listening to the tiny heartbeats in the womb. Now, we need your help to provide better measuring tools to mothers and families in our community.
Giving Hope for Mental Health
We want to go further than fine. Our fundraising campaign aims to raise $500,000 for mental health awareness and facilities.
Bassinets for Babies
The bassinet manufacturer for the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital has enhanced its safety features, and we are upgrading our supply.
It’s Our Time to Give
This Christmas, become a holiday hero. Donate warm clothes, perform an act of kindness, or support the MHHF’s vital mission to improve healthcare in the region.